- TOR Browser Bundle - Secure Anonymous Browsing
- Fern Wifi Cracker - GUI Wireless cracker including WPS
- Reaver - Terminal WPS cracker
- Metasploit Framework 4.4 with Armitage!
- Truecrypt - File Encryption
- Truecrack - Truecrypt Volume Brute Force Tool
- Ettercap-NG - For MiTM Fun
- OpenVAS Server and Client - Network vulnerability scanner
- IPList - Keep "The Man" from snooping on your torrent downloads
- Ophcrack - rainbow Table Password Cracker
- Samdump2 - Dump SAM hives to get password hashes
- BKHive - Used with SAM
- UFW Firewall
- Gwibber - Social Networking Client
Besides that I made Cinnamon the default windows manager, and there is an option now to fully encrypt your hard drive at install time. Pure win! Here are some screen shots:
Toorcon is San Diego's network security conference bringing together the top security experts to present their new tricks of the trade and have fun in the sunny and beautiful city of San Diego.As always they had lots of interesting talks, but three of them really caught my eye. The first was from Dan Tentler talking about using Shodan to break into hydrogen fuel cells, and other weird things your wouldn't think were directly connected to the internet.
The second talk was from Joseph Giron about his tool called Password Snarfer that is used to capture passwords from KeePass when you copy them out. It sort of works like a Keylogger, except it doesn't capture key strokes.
The final talk mentioned this week in Tech Chop was from Drew Porter on his Dusknet project which is essentially an Internet in a box. It has wireless antennas and is used to connect other Dusknet boxes around a geographical area to make a new Internet in the event the Government shuts down the current one with a so called Kill Switch.
Did you attend Toorcon? What was your favorite talk? Do you use Bauer-Puntu? What do you like/hate about it? Let us know in the comments.